- New Home Builder Brokers and Agents in Barrington, IL
Home Builder Agents Barrington IL
Find your dream home today with the home builder agents Barrington IL residents trust! Work with an experienced new construction broker by contacting Premier Realty Group at (847) 490-7400 in Barrington, Illinois. We’re ready to help!
Everyone dreams of having a home that checks off every item on their wish list. Think about buying a house still under construction: You would get to choose all the details to make it perfect for you. Rather than moving into a house someone else designed, the home’s colors, textures, woodwork, flooring, and appliances can all reflect your tastes and preferences.
Does it sound too good to be true? It’s not, if you work with a real estate agent who specializes in partnering with home builders. Your agent can make sure you receive the best deals for all of the features you want.
Our home builder real estate agents at Premier Realty Group will ease the process of buying a new build and support you every step of the way.
Do I Need a Real Estate Agent for New Home Construction?
The answer to this question is yes. Many people assume that you do not need a real estate agent when buying a brand new house. But just as with already-built homes, purchasing a newly built home is complicated—and everything is negotiable.
Finding a real estate agent for new home construction can help you find your dream home and get the best deal with ease. Here are a few reasons why you need an agent when purchasing a newly-constructed home:
- Finding new-build listings is not as easy as purchasing an “old-build.” Often, listing websites do not include homes that are under construction, and therefore, you can only hear about them if you have the contacts. Realtors like ours who partner with the best builders are the best sources.
- It is hard to know which builders are trustworthy. As a soon-to-be homeowner, you want to feel confident that trusted professionals are building your home. But without industry experience, it can be hard to tell who you can trust. You need a veteran realtor who knows their way around house construction.
- Communicating with builders is not easy. Unlike buying from an individual seller, you would be dealing with a team of contractors, making communication a complicated process to handle independently. You need a real estate agent.
- Negotiating sales and contracts requires market knowledge. New builds in Barrington, Illinois are valued across many dimensions, such as location, size, upgrades, and more. Without experience in this market, it can be hard to determine the fair market value of a particular home.
New Construction Real Estate Agent in Barrington, Illinois
What exactly can new construction real estate sales agents (brokers) do for you? Aside from finding listings, brokers help you along every step of your purchase journey. Their primary duties are to:
- Negotiate offers. Often, new-build listing prices include all of the features and appliances you choose. But buyers do not always realize that this price is still negotiable, just as with buying any other house. A real estate agent knows the market well and can help you negotiate the lowest offer possible.
- Aid in financing. Sometimes builders have chosen mortgage companies they prefer their buyers to finance through. Your broker can help you understand your best options for financing.
- Avoid additional fees. It’s also common for builders to charge other expenses like additional construction costs or zoning permits. But by hiring an experienced agent with superb negotiating skills, you might be able to avoid these extra costs.
- Oversee inspections. It is always best to have a home inspected before purchasing. Reviewing the construction quality is necessary for any build, new or old. However, you may not understand all the technicalities involved in the inspection process, but your agent can ensure that everything meets proper standards.
- Foster communication. As a soon-to-be homeowner, it can be tricky to communicate with the team of builders and developers. You want to receive updates on your home and the construction status regularly but may not know how to do so. An agent can help shape your expectations, provide a communication channel, and offer feedback on any concerns.
- Review contracts. Buying a home is a huge decision that takes careful consideration. Understanding all of the fine print within your contracts is not easy, but it is necessary. An agent understands this language and knows what to look for when negotiating and signing contracts.
Understanding the Relationship Between a Real Estate Agent and Home Builders
How are home builder real estate agents any different from standard real estate agents? They create and foster strong relationships with home builders and use these connections to better prepare themselves when overseeing new build sales. A real estate agent without these connections may not be capable of receiving the best value for the home or for the features you want in it.
Here are a few ways that Barrington real estate agents and home builders work together to partner for your success:
- Transparent information. Builders communicate clearly with buyers’ agents so that buyers can understand construction timelines, prices, fees, and more.
- Access to listings. Agents utilize builder relationships to find more new builds that might match your wish list right as (or even before) they come on the market. Often, they might know of a home that is perfect for your needs before it’s even listed.
- Peace of mind. Both the agent and the builder want what’s best for the buyer. Together, they work to ensure that you can buy your dream home with confidence and ease, meeting any of your needs.
Is Your Barrington Real Estate Agent Working for a Developer or Builder?
You might have already engaged a real estate agent before discovering that you want to purchase a new build. If so, find out whether or not this agent is working for any home developers. If they do not have the proper knowledge and connections with home builders in your area, they may not be beneficial.
If that’s the case, you should consider finding a new real estate agent who has relationships with developers in town.
Buy House from Builder in Barrington, Illinois
Choosing a new construction real estate agent is the best way to buy your dream home. It’s essential to find someone who has enough knowledge and experience to find a home that checks all your boxes plus is within your price range. When retaining an agent, consider what builder contacts they have and how experienced they are in your local market.
Our home builder real estate agents at Premier Realty Group in Barrington spend years fostering builder relationships in preparation to help you find your new home. Work with an experienced new construction broker by contacting us today at (847) 490-7400.